Sundance Spas Blog
Serve Festively Refreshing Drinks This Season
What Are Your Guests Sipping On, In and Out of the Spa?Here are some favorite festive spaside beverages our Facebook followers suggested:
- Sparkling Water with a slice of lime
- Vodka on the rocks
- Wine, any kind
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- Orange peel strips
- Lemon peel strips
- Cinnamon-flavored syrup
Gratitude is a Healthy Habit
Thanksgiving – It’s Not Just the Food That Makes Us Feel GoodWhat are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? It’s long been known that expressing gratitude is good for your peace of mind and emotional wellbeing. A heartfelt “thank you” makes the receiver feel good, too. This year, new scientific studies show that people report associating gratitude with feeling more healthy and happy. According to researchers working together at the University of California, Davis, and the University of Miami, studies have also shown that gratitude can account for “greater alertness, enthusiasm and goal-attainment.” People with neuromuscular diseases who participated in gratitude exercises reported feeling more energetic and sleeping longer and better. The researchers called gratitude the “forgotten factor” in happiness research. The Mayo Clinic also says that positive thoughts and activities promote good feelings that lead to thankfulness – an attitude that becomes a habit. Eventually, people make better life choices and find their relationships are better. Gratitude seems to feed on itself in a good way! At Sundance Spas, we’re believers in anything positive that encourages wellbeing, more energy and enthusiasm, and better sleep. Research shows that hot tub hydrotherapy can promote these beneficial effects, as well. This Thanksgiving, let’s be grateful for learning how positive changes in our everyday routines – like being grateful – can enrich our lives. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Do Not Delay! 0% Financing for 36 Months
Winter Savings Event Ends December 1The pre-holiday season is traditionally a time when shoppers are looking for backyard spas they can have installed in time for the upcoming festivities. Well, now’s your chance. Our local dealers are offering you a choice of special 0.0% financing for 36 or a new Apple® iPad on select models, now through December 1, 2012. Cold weather is on the horizon, if it hasn’t already arrived where you live. This is THE season for the magic of a Sundance warm-water massage. Also the season when we most need stress relief, relaxation, and a break from everyday aches and pains! Your new Sundance spa can also provide instant entertainment for holiday guests – ask them to bring swimsuits beforehand and you’re set. Your new Sundance will be an instant icebreaker that encourages conversation and warm, fuzzy holiday feelings. To take advantage of the Winter Savings Event, you can complete an online application and qualify for financing now. That way you will know how much you can borrow when you visit your Sundance dealer showroom. 0.0% special financing for 36 months is just too good to pass up! A new iPad would make a nice gift, too. Your choice! Note that restrictions apply. The Winter Savings Event offer is valid at participating dealers in U.S. and Canada. See your local Sundance Spas dealer for complete details.
What to Grow in Your Hot Tub Planters
Tips for Backyard Color From Now Through SpringtimeFall is a favorite time of year to be outdoors as well as a good season for planting. Plants no longer have to endure the heat and dry weather of summer, and the planters around your spa don’t require as much work as a yard or garden. Just be sure your hot tub planters drain well before your add soil. To create a welcome splash of color and drama in the spring, plant bulbs this fall. There can be a variety of bulbs in one container that will produce blooms at different times, all season long. You can also stagger bulbs in layers for a spring planter “arrangement” of flowers growing at differing heights. For instant color, try these favorites in your hot tub planters: • Coleus – So easy to grow, the purple-to-rust leaves of the coleus reflect the best of fall color and complement the natural shades of your Sundance® planters. • Pyracantha – Their lovely red, orange or yellow berries will last a long time. You can also train pyracantha to grow on trellises near your spa (watch out for the thorns). • Evergreens – Boxwood, juniper, wintergreen, and holly bring a welcome touch of green to your hot tub scene year round. These slow-growing shrubs are perfect for containers. They tolerate cold and snow, and can grow to dramatic heights. Or use multiple planters to create a “wall” of greenery for your hot tub. With these brisk days and chilly nights, you’ll be drawn to the warmth of your hot tub. Make your hot tub setting even more beautiful with seasonal color, and your Sundance will also be visually inviting, all winter long. Submit your Sundance hot tub photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Which Hot Tub is the Most Popular in the World?
7 Reasons Why One Sundance Model Outsells All OthersA Sundance Spas Facebook follower asks: "Why should I purchase a Sundance Optima™ Spa? What makes it the best value for my money?" GREAT question! The Optima is the best-selling model of any spa from any spa company in the world because it’s loaded with popular features, and priced for less than you would expect to pay for a spa of this quality.
- Style There are plenty of spas on the market that look similar to the Optima, but few have Optima’s sophistication. The fully adjustable AquaTerrace™ water feature and SunGlow™ lighting system let you select the water stream’s intensity and colored backlighting on a rotating spectrum or one-color setting. Enjoy YOUR music in your hot tub with an optional SunSurround™ Stereo System. Add music to your spa experience by playing tunes on the radio or an iPod. The watertight enclosure keeps your iPod safe while you listen to your favorite playlist. We also give you color options for the acrylic shell and SunStrong™ synthetic cabinetry, so you can mix and match to create the perfect look.
- Comfort Ergonomically designed seating allows you to stay in place while the jets run. By minimizing floating you can stay in the spa longer and maximize your hydrotherapeutic massage. The Sundance Optima also boasts a large and spacious footwell. People don’t typically consider the footwell until they have their first party and realize that the spa may have six seats but only enough room in the footwell for two people. Sundance also was the first spa manufacturer to recess jets in the spa shell. This adds comfort by not having the jets touch your back when sitting in the spa.
- Quality The Sundance quality processes include over 200 checkpoints that each spa undergoes during the manufacturing process. Each spa is tested with water twice during the process to ensure every spa that leaves our factory is ready to be delivered without any further testing.
- Warranty The Optima warranty includes 10-year structure, 7-year shell surface and 5-year electronics and plumbing and labor warranties, with no proration and no deductable. This gives you peace of mind. The synthetic base and a sealed bottom prevent moisture, prevent rot and decay due to the forces of Mother Nature, and keep rodents out of the equipment area.
- Energy Efficiency Full-foam insulation, EcoWrap and 3-layer Rigid Bond Shell keep operating costs low and the water warm. The most reliable spa shell in the industry, the three-layer process makes our shell eight times stronger than any ordinary spa shell.
- Pure Water The water management system consists of the Dynamic Flow pump, the MicroClean Plus filter, SlipStream Skimmer, SunPurity Mineral and CLEARRAY®. This entire system removes the smallest particles in the water to keep the water crystal clear, and easier to manage using fewer maintenance products. With our CLEARRAY unit and the entire system you will have the lowest amount of maintenance possible and more time to enjoy the spa.
- Patented Hydrotherapy Fluidix Technology in an Optima spa offers a wide variety of massages, from Shiatsu, Swedish and sports massage. All of the different massages are possible with use of Fluidix jets, which have no moving parts or ball bearings. There is nothing to wear out or break down, so you know that every time you enter your spa you will get a wonderful and reliable massage. The technology gives you the ability to make adjustments to water flow and pressure without interrupting anyone else in the spa by taking power away. In fact, our jets are so reliable that we offer a five-year warranty on the jet internals. There is not another manufacturer that even comes close to that kind of backing. With four different types of Fluidix jets in the Optima, you can move from seat to seat to experience all the massage types that are available.
3 Ways a Rigid Bond™ Hot Tub Shell Adds Value
Why Superior Quality CountsThe color, luster and graceful sculpting of the hot tub shell on a Sundance® spa makes a beautiful first impression. But there is much more to a Sundance hot tub shell than meets the eye. Our exclusive 3-layer Rigid Bond construction process adds durability, high performance, and superior heat retention capabilities to all of our hot tub shells. Rigid Bond is the only process that layers the acrylic surface material with three components: vinylester, polyester resins and a proprietary laminate. Without getting too technical, the vinylester resin provides lasting adhesion with the acrylic layer. The polyester resins are created from a proprietary blend that makes a Sundance hot tub shell eight times stronger than ordinary fiberglass-laminated shells. Rigid Bond construction is the reason why your hot tub shell performs so well through years of use and exposure. The acrylic layer that you see is built to last, retaining its color and sheen with very little maintenance. Energy efficiency is built into our hot tub shell construction, too.
- Two types of foam are used to provide full-foam insulation. It completely fills the compartment between the shell and the skirt, helping to maintain water temperatures longer.
- High-density, heat-resistant foam surrounds the equipment bay; lighter foam insulates elsewhere for an energy efficient hot tub.
- The pairing of Rigid Bond and insulation conserves energy and helps you save money on heating costs.
Hot Tub Collections – by Sundance
A Vast Selection of Spas Designed to Fit Your Lifestyle and BudgetEvery Sundance® spa is designed to provide the best hydrotherapy a spa can deliver, with reliable performance and the newest features. And at Sundance, quality and value go together. Sundance produces a full line of affordable hot tubs that will fit your lifestyle and your budget. So how do you choose the right spa for you and your family? We categorized our vast selection of hot tubs into four series: 880™ Series Spas: Luxury Hot Tubs The 880™ Series hot tubs define the luxury spa category by virtue of their style and advanced performance. Luxury spas should fulfill your vision of a dream backyard, and then some – and these do. Beautiful, built with smart technology, and feature-rich, each 880 Series luxury spa makes it possible for you to experience the best in home hydrotherapy. Select™ Series Spas: Energy Efficiency And Bold Design Breakthrough in Hot Tub Design. Sundance introduces energy-efficient spas, with low operating costs. Improved hydrotherapy and modern design sets these green hot tubs apart, too. Standard details include dusk-sensing exterior lights, a sleek control panel and extra-comfy pillows. Discover more about the new energy-saving, lifestyle-enhancing Select Series luxury spas. Find your local Sundance Spas dealer. The 780™ Series Spas: Outdoor Hot Tubs Inspire A Lifestyle The 780™ Series outdoor hot tubs hit the sweet spot between entertainment center and meditative garden retreat. Designed with natural colors and clean styling, these easy-to-maintain outdoor spas can form the basis of a no-hassle lifestyle. Each one is built in the best Sundance tradition of reliability and high performance, so all you have to do is relax, host a party, or let the jets work on those sore muscles and joints. 680™ Series Spas: All Sizes, Fun Shapes and Custom Options Small hot tubs to large hot tubs – Sundance Spas creates a hot tub shape and size for every backyard. With its smartly designed triangular shape, the Tacoma is a standout among small hot tubs because it fits practically anywhere. It’s where the low-profile, small hot tub design takes shape. Leave it to Sundance to design a small hot tub that’s ultra-versatile. Take a moment to immerse in total relaxation. Peacefully alone or in the company of friends and family, find time to let go of stress and enjoy simply feeling good. That’s what happens when a 680 Series Sundance spa becomes a part of your life. Every model delivers the combination of heat, buoyancy, and massage that is known to help you feel better in so many ways – classic Sundance® hot tub hydrotherapy.
What to Look for When You Visit a Hot Tub Dealer Showroom
Here's A Quick ChecklistReady to make a decision about which hot tub to purchase or just "kicking the tires" on different models? After you've done your online research, the next step is to visit a dealer's showroom. The professionally trained dealers at Sundance Spas are ready to answer almost any questions you have about hot tubs. Locate a dealer near you and stop by this weekend! Here's how to get the most from your visit to a Sundance® dealer showroom: 1. Take in all of the different models, noting the variety of colors and finishes that are available. 2. Sit inside a variety of hot tubs to get a feel for the seating and jet placements, how the controls work, where the lights shine in and around the hot tub, and more. Seating can be almost as important as the hot tub's size: you may choose a hot tub that seats fewer adults, as long as it has a lounge seat, for example. 3. Talk to your hot tub dealer. Sundance dealers have met a lot of homeowners over the years. Let your Sundance dealer advise you about:
- Financing for your hot tub
- The ins and outs of delivery day - our dealers go the extra mile to make sure that delivery and installation are trouble-free
- Spa supplies and accessories
- Warranty to protect your investment, you're set to enjoy your hot tub lifestyle for years
Sizzling Summer Deals Going On Now!
Up To $1000 Factory Rebates or 4.99% FinancingThere won't be another hot tub sale to match this one all summer. Now through July 22, Sundance® Spas is offering up to $1,000 in factory rebates on selected models or 4.99% financing. If you are interested in taking advantage of the 4.99% financing deal, take a moment to pre-qualify online before you go. You can be sipping a cool beverage while you relax in your backyard hot tub by next Saturday! Don't miss another minute of the lazy days of summer wishing you had a Sundance spa. The Sundance Spas Sizzling Summer Deals hot tub sale ends July 22, so don't delay. Locate a dealer now! Limited time only. Not valid with other promotional offers. Restrictions apply. See participating dealers for complete terms and conditions. Financing available on approved credit.
Must-have Summer Spa Equipment
You'll Wonder How You Lived Without ItPrepare yourselves! The weather gets nice and suddenly everybody wants to spend time in your Sundance® spa. Friends and neighbors all seem to love the idea of relaxing and having a good time with you in your hot tub. One way to be ready for spa guests is by choosing the right spa accessories. You can include spa equipment in the financing for your new Sundance Spas hot tub. Pre-qualify for financing now – it's easy. Spa equipment, like the Safe-T-Rail, is especially helpful for people who aren't accustomed to getting in and out of a hot tub. The Safe-T-Rail attaches to your hot tub, and has an optional Rail Stand that slides under your spa. This popular piece of spa equipment features a slip-free, foam grip that spa-goers can use to steady themselves as they enter and exit your hot tub. It adds an extra feeling of security and safety to the spa experience – many hot owners consider it an essential. Download a free brochure to see examples of spa equipment and accessories. The SpaCaddy brings the party to your hot tub! Unless you have a Sundance Select™ Series spa with the convenient flat-top edge, you may not have a place to set your sunglasses, book or snacks when you're in the hot tub. The SpaCaddy mounts on your hot tub to serve as a side tray for towels, beverages and anything else that makes your hot tub session more enjoyable. Designed exclusively for hot tubs, the SpaCaddy swings out from a center pivot for easy access, and it's weather-resistant. Your local Sundance Spas dealer can be a great resource for a variety of accessories. Find out how the hot tub "extras" – from filter flossers to planters – can make your hot-tub summer the best ever. Locate a dealer now.
3 Outdoor Hot Tub Trends for 2012
What to Look for This Season"Outdoor Living" was listed in the #2 spot among "Top Home Trends of 2012" on the website, GoodHousekeeping.com. Outdoor hot tubs are definitely a popular addition for homeowners who like to spend time outdoors year 'round. This year, we're spreading the word about three "trends" we're bringing to outdoor hot tubs:
Outdoor hot tubs attract friends and family who love to have a good time together, but they are also natural havens for individuals seeking relief from stress. The 780™ Series spas are great examples: they are sized right, easy to take care of, and beautifully styled. Instead of going out, people who own a Sundance® 780 Series outdoor hot tub make the most of their backyards on the weekends. Relaxing with a cool drink, stretching after exercise, or just sitting together and talking in the warmth of the hot tub – a modern outdoor hot tub can be a social spot and a source of well being. READ MORE >