Sundance Spas Blog
Introducing Two New Sundance® Hot Tub Models
Back Pain? Hot Tub Hydrotherapy Works
• Heat helps to open blood vessels to improve circulation and loosen muscle tension, both of which reduce pain.
• Buoyancy lifts the weight of the body, providing relief for sore muscles and joints, and improving the ability to move around.
• Massage eases inflammation, reduces muscle tightness and increase blood flow. According to a study covered in the New York Times, experiments showed that massage reduced the production of cytokines (they cause inflammation) and stimulated the process of cell function and repair.1To relieve back pain in a hot tub, it is essential for the body to be positioned comfortably in the seat. This is where Sundance Spas stands above the rest: our seats are engineered to fit people of different heights and builds. Every seat delivers a variety of hydro-massage types and intensities while supporting the body. The best hot tubs are sure to have seats designed for back pain, from low back pain to neck pain. For more information about hydrotherapy and back pain, visit your local Sundance Spas dealer showroom. You can sit in the showroom models, and find the one that will really "work" on relieving your back pain.
Studies Prove: Thinking About a Calm Place (Your Hot Tub) Can Ease Stress
• Many of the benefits of guided imagery and hydrotherapy are the same – relaxation, relief of arthritis pain and insomnia, and improved circulation.
• A drawback of guided imagery: it takes practice, and it can be difficult to focus in some situations.
• Spas and hot tubs are easy – they take you on a mental and physical escape every time you're in the warm, soothing water.To learn more about guided imagery, we've listed some links below. To experience real Sundance Spas relaxation, locate a dealer near you and ask about taking a "wet test." You won't have to think about de-stressing – it just happens!
EMPTY NEST FULL OF LIFE
Serve Festively Refreshing Drinks This Season
What Are Your Guests Sipping On, In and Out of the Spa?Here are some favorite festive spaside beverages our Facebook followers suggested:
- Sparkling Water with a slice of lime
- Vodka on the rocks
- Wine, any kind
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- Orange peel strips
- Lemon peel strips
- Cinnamon-flavored syrup
Gratitude is a Healthy Habit
Thanksgiving – It’s Not Just the Food That Makes Us Feel GoodWhat are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? It’s long been known that expressing gratitude is good for your peace of mind and emotional wellbeing. A heartfelt “thank you” makes the receiver feel good, too. This year, new scientific studies show that people report associating gratitude with feeling more healthy and happy. According to researchers working together at the University of California, Davis, and the University of Miami, studies have also shown that gratitude can account for “greater alertness, enthusiasm and goal-attainment.” People with neuromuscular diseases who participated in gratitude exercises reported feeling more energetic and sleeping longer and better. The researchers called gratitude the “forgotten factor” in happiness research. The Mayo Clinic also says that positive thoughts and activities promote good feelings that lead to thankfulness – an attitude that becomes a habit. Eventually, people make better life choices and find their relationships are better. Gratitude seems to feed on itself in a good way! At Sundance Spas, we’re believers in anything positive that encourages wellbeing, more energy and enthusiasm, and better sleep. Research shows that hot tub hydrotherapy can promote these beneficial effects, as well. This Thanksgiving, let’s be grateful for learning how positive changes in our everyday routines – like being grateful – can enrich our lives. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Hot Tubs and Spas
Hot Tubs and Spas – What's the Difference?I'd consider most hot tubs to be spas, but spas are definitely not always hot tubs. Spas can be a lot of things. Just try an Internet search for spas, and you’ll quickly see. READ MORE >
Family Hot Tubs (& Friends!)
Hot Tubs – Your Source of Family FunFor ages, spas have been at the center of social life. Starting with Roman baths, communities have continued to gather and bask in the relaxation and entertainment that a spa can bring to daily life. A spa is an excellent way to break old routines and rejuvenate leisure activity by bringing together family and friends. READ MORE >
Active Aging Week
September 25 - October 1, 2011Active aging means living life as fully as possible. The best spas, like those made by Sundance, can promote health and wellness with hydrotherapy. With a combination of high-performance jets and advanced seat designs, Sundance moves water in new ways, delivering the following positive hot tub benefits: READ MORE >
Afraid You’ll Buy a Hot Tub and Will Never Use it?
Hot Tubs Become an Integral Part of Your LifestyleMany people use their hot tubs in the evening, before bed. Hot tubs raise the body’s temperature for an extended period of time, producing cleansing and relaxing effects. The buoyancy of the water creates a sense of weightlessness, inviting restful sleep. Because spas relax you, relieve tired muscles and aching joints, and ready your body for sleep, they are excellent sleep aids. READ MORE >