Sundance Spas Blog
SDS supports Veterans, Active Duty and Reserve Military Personnel
4 Ways your hot tub may help relieve cold and flu symptoms
While there is no cure for the common cold or influenza, finding relief from symptoms of these viruses could be found by spending some time in warm, jetted water. From clearing out your stuffy nose and throat to helping to decrease stress levels, discover four ways your hot tub may help relieve cold and flu symptoms.
- Clear congestion
Similar to putting your face over a bowl of hot water to clear your nasal passages, relaxing in a hot tub not only helps you unwind, it can clear your nose and throat, too when your water is balanced and properly maintained. Just remember to keep a handkerchief or facial tissues nearby for when the heat causes your nose to run.
- Ease aches
Sore muscles and aches are synonymous with the common cold and flu, but spending a few minutes in the heat, buoyancy and massage of your spa could help alleviate these symptoms. Just be sure to consult a physician first, especially if you have a fever.
- Improve your sleep
Despite the fact that sleep is vital to help your body fight off an illness, falling asleep can be difficult when you’re sick. Try soaking in the warm waters of your spa for 20 minutes 2 hours before bedtime. In addition to helping you relax your body and mind, the steep drop in body temperature is proven to help you sleep more soundly.
- Reduce stress
Researchers found a correlation between stress and your ability to fight viruses, including the common cold. So, reducing your stress levels by spending time in a hot tub may in turn give your body the boost it needs to regulate and combat certain ailments.
So long as you stay hydrated, keep your spa water clean and keep your soak sessions to 20 minute intervals, these four ways your hot tub may help relieve cold and flu symptoms could be just what you need to brave through.
This content should not be interpreted as medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional.
5 Essential Beauty Tips for Anyone Who Uses a Spa
Spending time in a hot tub can do wonders for your body. But, add in the moisture-stealing effects the cold weather has on your skin and you may find your complexion is lacking its usual luster. Instead of skipping out on prime soaking time, discover five essential skin care tips for anyone who uses a spa.
- Remember to Rinse You know that it’s important to rinse off in your shower after you spend time in your spa to take care of your skin. But, did you know that wetting your hair beforehand could slow down the absorption of chemicals like chlorine, too? So, before you get into your hot tub, dowse your hair with clean water to minimize the drying effects sanitizers can have.
- Prep and pamper
Especially true when outdoor temperatures head south, exfoliating your body once a week before you get into your spa will not only help your skin maintain a healthy glow, but also help keep your spa water cleaner, too. Then, when you exit your relaxation session, be sure to pat, not rub, your skin dry to steer clear of irritation.
- Maintain Skin’s Moisture
Moisturizers are an easy way to keep your skin soft and supple, but it’s best to avoid lotions and balms before you get into your spa. So to help keep your skin hydrated, maintain and restore the moisture in your skin by drinking plenty of fluids, both in and out of the hot tub.
- Balance Your Water
The state of your skin can be affected by the chemicals in your water, so be sure that your chlorine and pH levels are within standards recommended for your Sundance® spa. Ask your Sundance® dealer about spa water conditioners, which can help keep water balanced while softening the water – and is gentle on your skin.
- Regulate Your Hot Tub Time
For those who like their spa water piping hot, it’s essential to stick to spa soak safe limits of 20-30 minutes. Prolonged exposure can be dangerous to your health, including risk of dehydration, which is not good for your skin.
Just like using your Sundance® spa, these five essential skin care tips for anyone who uses a spa can be used year-round. So, now you can truly relax knowing your skin looks and feels healthy after your hot tub session with a few simple steps.
Sundance® Spas Announces the 2014 Dealer Awards
Annual award recipients presented at the 2015 Sundance® Dealer ConferenceChino Hills, CA (April 3, 2015) – Sundance® Spas, the largest acrylic spa manufacturer in the world, announced their 2014 Dealer Award winners, presented to the recipient at the 2015 Sundance Spas Dealer Conference in Anaheim, California earlier this year. Recipients included Dealer of the Year Award winner Arctic Home Living, Hall of Fame Award winner Bill Elliot with The Sundance Spa Store, and Highest Sales Volume in the U.S. winner Paradise Valley Spas.
2014 Dealer of the Year Award – Arctic Home LivingThe prestigious 2015 Dealer of the Year Award was presented to Arctic Home Living, with three locations in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Palmer (Wasilla), Alaska. The Dealer of the Year Award recipient is chosen through a nomination process, with consideration for key attributes such as outstanding customer service, collaborative marketing efforts, promotions and publicity representing great ambassadorship for the brand, leadership in the market, exceptional sales growth and more.
2014 Hall of Fame Award – Bill Elliot, The Sundance Spa StoreAt this year’s Sundance Spas Dealer Conference, the 2014 Hall of Fame Award was presented to Bill Elliot, The Sundance Spa Store in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. With an exclusive focus on Sundance products, expertise and customer experience is top priority for The Sundance Spa Store. The Hall of Fame Award recipient is selected based on 10 or more years of experience with the Sundance Spas Brand, professional and positive representation of the spa industry, promotion of the benefits of spa ownership, partnership, proven ambassadorship for the Sundance Spas Brand and is a measureable leader in the market.
2014 Highest Sales Volume in the U.S. – Paradise Valley SpasThis year, Paradise Valley Spas earned the 2014 Highest Sales Volume in the U.S. award. The long-time Sundance Spas dealership has offered Sundance Spas since 1992 and boasts eight locations near and around the San Francisco Bay area. Based on volume of Sundance Spas brand sales in the United States, Paradise Valley Spas has been awarded the Highest Sales Volume in the U.S. honor 8 of the last 14 years.
About Sundance Spas, Inc.Since 1979, Sundance Spas has perfected the spa experience. Sundance Spas is devoted to improving health and lifestyles through its hydrotherapy benefits, including stress relief, health restoration and the creation of an environment for balanced living. Sundance Spas, Inc. manufactures portable and in-ground spas, including a complete line of accessories, available through specialty retail locations in more than 60 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit www.Sundancespas.com.
About Arctic Home LivingWith 3 locations in Archorage, Wasilla and Fairbanks, the Alaska Arctic Home Living has carried a wide selection of spas including Sundance Spas for the last 10 years. Established in 2000, this full-service dealer takes pride in their sales and service, providing the best spa experience to Alaskans. To learn more about Arctic Home Living, visit www.arctichomeliving.com, www.facebook.com/ArcticHomeLiving, and www.jacuzzialaska.com.
About The Sundance Spa StoreLocated in Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga and St. Catharines in Canada, The Sundance Spa Store was founded in 2003. To learn more about the spas, chemicals, parts, service and saunas The Sundance Spa Store offers, please visit www.thesundancespastore.com.
About Paradise Valley SpasWith eight locations serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area, Paradise Valley Spas offers Jacuzzi® Brand Hot Tubs and Sundance spas. Established in 1985, this Northern California spa store focuses on giving every customer the best customer service experience and offering the best line of spas and spa products in the industry. To learn more about Paradise Valley Spas, please visit www.sfspas.com.
Introducing Two New Sundance® Spa Models
Is Your Hot Tub Ready for Winter?
Back Pain? Hot Tub Hydrotherapy Works
• Heat helps to open blood vessels to improve circulation and loosen muscle tension, both of which reduce pain.
• Buoyancy lifts the weight of the body, providing relief for sore muscles and joints, and improving the ability to move around.
• Massage eases inflammation, reduces muscle tightness and increase blood flow. According to a study covered in the New York Times, experiments showed that massage reduced the production of cytokines (they cause inflammation) and stimulated the process of cell function and repair.1To relieve back pain in a hot tub, it is essential for the body to be positioned comfortably in the seat. This is where Sundance Spas stands above the rest: our seats are engineered to fit people of different heights and builds. Every seat delivers a variety of hydro-massage types and intensities while supporting the body. The best hot tubs are sure to have seats designed for back pain, from low back pain to neck pain. For more information about hydrotherapy and back pain, visit your local Sundance Spas dealer showroom. You can sit in the showroom models, and find the one that will really "work" on relieving your back pain.
Studies Prove: Thinking About a Calm Place (Your Hot Tub) Can Ease Stress
• Many of the benefits of guided imagery and hydrotherapy are the same – relaxation, relief of arthritis pain and insomnia, and improved circulation.
• A drawback of guided imagery: it takes practice, and it can be difficult to focus in some situations.
• Spas and hot tubs are easy – they take you on a mental and physical escape every time you're in the warm, soothing water.To learn more about guided imagery, we've listed some links below. To experience real Sundance® Spas relaxation, locate a dealer near you and ask about taking a "wet test." You won't have to think about de-stressing – it just happens!
Easy Water Care for Hot Tubs
• Its UV-C technology neutralizes 99.9% of waterborne pathogens and introduces no gases, chemicals, or other byproducts into the water. • UV-C technology, which relies on natural light, is often used as part of the disinfecting process for food and beverage production and in medical facilities. • CLEARRAY® can help reduce the amount of sanitizer needed, resulting in fewer skin irritations and less red eye.What's left to do to keep your hot tub's water fresh and clear?
• Check the water levels weekly or after you use your spa and maintain the proper ph balance. • Hose off the filters as often as needed. • Keep the hot tub cover clear of leaves and dirt. • Drain, clean and refill your spa approximately every three months, depending on your usage.People enjoy using their hot tubs and spas more often these days because they are simple to maintain. To learn more about energy-efficiency, reliability and easy-care features in Sundance spas and hot tubs, download our free brochure.
Sundance Wins 2013 ADEX Awards!
Improve The Quality of Your Life