The Most Important Hot Tub Features: What to Look for When You Shop
Finding your ideal hot tub starts with discovering which features will work best for you and your family. Whether it’s used for entertaining, improving the way you feel, or just relaxing as a couple, you’re going to enjoy your hot tub for years to come, so look for the features that will deliver your ideal spa experience.
How do you begin to narrow down the selection? Here are the most important hot tub features to consider in your purchasing decision:
1. The Shape and Size of the Hot Tub
The first consideration is the size of the space where your hot tub will “live” when it’s installed. Measure the space where you plan to place your new spa. Don’t forget to leave room for hot tub steps and other accessories.
You may be surprised to see the wide variety of sizes – from seating for two people up to a family/party-sized hot tub. Hot tubs are available in all sizes in square or rectangular shapes, and some brands offer round- and triangle-shaped hot tubs.
Think about how you plan to use the hot tub, and how many people will be using it when you consider seating. Lounges are great for overall hydrotherapy, open seating arrangements make it easy to move around the spa, and side-by-side seating brings couples closer. The seating arrangements also determine the overall size and shape of a hot tub.
2. Hot Tub Jets
Expert designers and engineers at high-end spa companies spend years perfecting each jet’s action and its placement in the hot tub. The jets are the magic behind a warm-water massage, promoting relaxation, an energizing boost, or pain relief. Here’s a jets must-have checklist:
• Look for quality over quantity. If a hot tub’s only claim to fame is a huge number of jets, its jets may be missing the essentials for a great massage.
• Ask if the jets are fully adjustable. The ability to change a jet’s direction and intensity is the key to a customized massage experience.
• See how the seat/jet combinations target specific muscle groups. Each seat delivers a unique massage. Ask your dealer which jets target large muscle groups and which ones create a stream to loosen tension in smaller muscles.
3. The Spa Shell
It’s more than just a pretty face! As the body of the hot tub, the spa shell has to be made of only the highest quality materials. Insist that your hot tub shell has these qualities:
• A durable and lasting surface that resists stains and scratches. A hard acrylic shell will retain its beauty for years.
• A shell that’s constructed with a bonding layer between the acrylic and fiberglass. Bonding prevents the acrylic layer separating from the fiberglass underneath and strengthens the hot tub shell.
• A wide array of beautiful color choices.
4. Effective Water Purification
You’re more likely to enjoy using your hot tub every day when keeping the water clean requires only minimal maintenance. Today’s advanced hot tubs are equipped with sophisticated water purification systems that eliminate waterborne impurities while dramatically reducing chemical usage (red eyes and dry skin are practically a thing of the past).
Your hot tub dealer can show you everything involved in making sure the water in your hot tub is clean and clear – it’s easier than you may think!
These are the four most important features to consider when shopping for a hot tub, but you can personalize your hot tub even more with options and accessories.
Visit your local Sundance Spas dealer to learn more about choosing the perfect hot tub.